Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Provo Tabernacle to be Made Into A New Temple

Provo Tabernacle from Wikipedia
I am so excited.  President Monson just announced the next temples to be built. What is so exciting is that the Provo Tabernacle, which was gutted by a fire recently, will be remodeled into a temple in Provo.
I had been so sad to read the news of the this fire a few months ago. It was such a beautiful building inside and I have personal experience meeting in this magnificent building.

Back in 1982 to 1985, we lived in the area of Provo which used that building for stake conference.  I loved sitting inside the Tabernacle for church.  There was so much detail in the work inside and and I would just look around as I listened to the talks.  It was almost distracting but you felt such a spirit in that building when you entered.  When I heard the fire gutted the building, I was physically ill.  What a terrible shame to lose such a wonderful place.  But now, our Priesthood leaders have decided to restore this building as it once was and use it as a Temple of God.  It makes so much sense.  The Provo Temple is the busiest temple in the world and what better way to supplement temple attendance than to have another temple right in the city of Provo. It makes my heart sing!!!!!  What a great idea!

3 comments:

Sher A. Hart said...

That was such exciting news. I wish we lived in Utah, but we're in Florida, Fort Walton Beach, 5 hours away from the nearest temple. I saw your post on ANWA so here I am. I've been trying to track down LDS writer blogs so I can build my following enough to query my book too. You can join my blog through a chocolate contest tab. I write for MG and YA, fantasy/SF because that's what I love. Dierdra Eden Coppell found my blog and told me about ANWA. Now I don't feel alone anymore. I'm sorry about your husband. I always thought that would happen to me because it happened to Mom too. Mine is just gone TDY a lot.

Sher A. Hart said...

I should've said I'm glad you found another love. So did Mom, but not until I was grown.

The Blessings of Family Life said...

Yes, I will follow your blog too. Thanks for checking mine out. Hope to meet you at the conference in February.