Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Let me sum up......

 I found this absolutely wonderful blog through my wonderful friends on Facebook (Prepper Chicks) who posted this blog online for everyone to visit. So I went to visit it and saw all the wonderful things this 20- something year old girl posted and I thought....I need to do that!!!  So I'm going to post the sum of what I canned this summer. Why? I'm glad you asked. For one, it makes me feel good about myself that I can preserve the food that we have grown in our garden with our own grubby hands and two, I feel good about myself that I can preserve the food that we have grown in our garden..........oooopps. I think I said that already. Anyway--I am going to post all the food I canned this summer.  Enjoy this link below.  It is really cool!!!!
Last year's garden!!!

                        http://newlifeonahomestead.com/

What I canned this summer:
18 quarts peaches
6 quarts dill pickles
8 quarts salsa--this was so good. We have only one jar left already.  I need to make some more.
1 quart dried cilantro
Last year we had a bumper crop of plums and I did about 20 pints of plum jam which we are still eating and I had 10 1-gallon sized zip lock bags full of blueberries for the freezer and we are still eating those!!!!  Stashing food away is so much fun because it's security against starvation!!!!!

Post a Comment