Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Let me sum up......

 I found this absolutely wonderful blog through my wonderful friends on Facebook (Prepper Chicks) who posted this blog online for everyone to visit. So I went to visit it and saw all the wonderful things this 20- something year old girl posted and I thought....I need to do that!!!  So I'm going to post the sum of what I canned this summer. Why? I'm glad you asked. For one, it makes me feel good about myself that I can preserve the food that we have grown in our garden with our own grubby hands and two, I feel good about myself that I can preserve the food that we have grown in our garden..........oooopps. I think I said that already. Anyway--I am going to post all the food I canned this summer.  Enjoy this link below.  It is really cool!!!!
Last year's garden!!!

                        http://newlifeonahomestead.com/

What I canned this summer:
18 quarts peaches
6 quarts dill pickles
8 quarts salsa--this was so good. We have only one jar left already.  I need to make some more.
1 quart dried cilantro
Last year we had a bumper crop of plums and I did about 20 pints of plum jam which we are still eating and I had 10 1-gallon sized zip lock bags full of blueberries for the freezer and we are still eating those!!!!  Stashing food away is so much fun because it's security against starvation!!!!!

No comments: