Friday, August 26, 2011

The Spark Blogfest!!!! Writers Unite


Writers are notorious for networking together and helping each other. (I guess that is really the same thing)  It's a great field to be in and I love helping my fellow writing friends.  This particular writer--Christine Tyler sponsored a great spark blogfest (as she calls it) to get us all writing and spreading the good word about our fellow authors and how we feel about writing. The following are some questions authors are asked quite frequently and I will be glad to answer:

What book made you realize you were doomed to be a writer? 
  It wasn't a book so much as the success I had as an article writer.  Not so much a journalist--although that is what I do---but a writer who writes about the events which happen around us and how we are affected by them.  I am just hooked.  The books I have published is just the icing on the cake.

What author set off that spark of inspiration for your current Work in Progress?
  Any author who writes uplifting books about what they love.  Whether it's a biography about their life or a life changing event, I am emotionally fed by the writings of other peoples' experiences!!  My current Work In Progress (WIP) (author lingo) is a book I have wanted to write for a long time:  "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Synagogue: A Conversion Story from Judaism to Mormonism"  (if I could ever remember how to spell Synagogue) 
  
 Is there a book or author that changed your world view?
  There are a few authors that have changed my view of the world--- First and foremost there is the Bible and the Book of Mormon.  Those two books have changed my view of the world drastically. All those inspired men and women who wrote for the world to read have inspired me to be a better person and to pay attention to life!!!  Then Cleon Skousen who wrote several key political books (The Naked Capitalist)  about the way the world is and will become if we don't pay attention to what is really going on.  That has motivated me to write my findings on politics and government and how they affect the family.  Great stuff!!!

So there you have it!!!  A share of the Spark Blogfest with over 100 authors to date!!! 

2 comments:

Christine Tyler said...

Wow, awesome post! Coming to believe in the Book of Mormon as well as the Bible would certainly change your world view!

I was a Visitor Center sister in St George Utah, and every once in a while I'd run into someone with a fascinating patriarchal lineage. One man I met shared with me that he was of the tribe of Levi. I had never met a Levite before, and sure enough, he had converted from Judaism!

Thank you for sharing such a personal spark with everyone. I wish you all the best in your endeavors!

The Blessings of Family Life said...

Thanks Christine!!! My step-daughter was a missionary at the Visitor Center in St. George. She loved it. (Victoria Foy)