Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Blessings of the Savior


This week has been a wonderful reminder for me of why we are so blessed to have a Savior.  He has died for our sins so we can return to our Heavenly Father.

Wednesday I learned of a mother in great sorrow.  She had come to the office where I work and told my boss the sad story of her son.

The Life of Jesus Christ


My boss and I have been talking about death and losing loved ones. Not losing really but they return home sooner than we expected.  I'm sure others we know --or maybe ourselves--have experienced this. This mother had experienced her son (only 21) being crushed at work by carelessness but an accident and died 6 weeks later.  It had only been a month and she spent most of her time in the office crying because the pain was still so raw. (It was hard not to cry myself) Anyway-- My boss-Phil told her and me--of this book he read recently of a man who had the gift of healing and that he learned later on in life that his mother died when she gave birth to him but then came back. As soon as she woke up--she asked her husband to get a pencil and paper and write every thing she could remember from the after life.


The one lesson she said she learned in the Spirit world was that EVERY SINGLE PERSON taken home was done with God's hand EXCEPT murder and suicide. (Probably because of free will)   Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ can help all of us with the pain but for those who have been carrying around the guilt that if they only did something different ---that person who is gone would be here.  I believe this to be true.  We don't know God's plan for us and Phil felt better because his mother passed away a few years ago and he blamed himself because of the situation.  


But that is not the end of the story.  Jesus Christ has paved the way for us to return to our Father in Heaven in righteousness.  He was unselfish enough to give up His life for us to find ours.

Today I was informed of one of my writer friends in my American Night Writer's Association Chapter--The Writer's Room has experienced her 12 year-old daughter passing away from an accident as well.  So sad to hear of good children returning home before we are ready. But the Savior can help us with our sorrows and our pains. Elizabeth Wagner lived a short 12 years but blessed others in her life with spending time with them.

Remember Jesus on Easter Day and always....

No comments: