Sunday, July 18, 2010

A New Adventure












Jim and I have started a process which will change our lives. As we proceed through this new adventure--I will document our progress with journal entries and picutres.
As we have started our own business, we needed to find our dream: a goal we would be determined to fulfill and the dream we want is to remodel an old hotel in Loxley. It was built in 1920 as a rest stop for people riding the train from Atmore to Foley. It looks to be somewhere between 4,000 to 5,000 square feet all together. There were two additions made on it since it was first built and we want to remodel the whole thing so we can live there.

I have included a picture of what it looks like now. It's an exciting venture and we are going to spend the next year and a half finishing all the work so we can move in by Christmas 2011.

Happy us........

2 comments:

Terri Wagner said...

Wow, what an endeavor. Now that I've been through the whole build a house routine call on me for what NOT to do, ha.

The Blessings of Family Life said...

I'll have to do that!!! Thanks.