Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful for Thanksgiving....

 Through out the whole month of November, I've been posting what I am thankful for in my life.  It's funny how we are as a people.  With the holiday  of Thanksgiving, we are reminded of what we have that is so precious to us. If Thanksgiving didn't exist-we might not be so bold as to proclaim what we are thankful for. Sure during the year we might think about it once in a while, but having a special holiday just to remember that we are thankful is a great blessing.  A great blessing especially for those who don't take the time to say thank you....

 Here are several quotes from church leaders and friends who remind us of what we are thankful for in our lives:



Elder Helio Camargo
“I am grateful as I contemplate the years that have passed and the happenings that have unfolded, measuring what the Lord has given me and considering the sure promises for a happier future—a future made even happier by the company of relatives and friends who have preceded me in passing to the other side of the veil. I am grateful for those loved ones with whom I still enjoy living every day—particularly the extraordinary woman that God allowed me to have as a wife in mortality and throughout eternity. Also, I am grateful for the wonderful children and grandchildren he sent to our home to be the joy of our life. As I contemplate all these blessings, gratitude is the predominant feeling that comes to my heart.” (General Conference, October 1990)





 Today I am thankful for all of our friends. All of you from my past on FB and all of my current friends in Daphne. We have truly been blessed with wonderful people in our life. Tasha Smith Quinnelly, Linda Christensen Pam Worsham, Valerie Bashein Steimle Foy, Sabrina Nimmer, Beverly Giles I am especially thankful for you ladies. Such strong examples.
 Connie Frank--Daphne, Alabama


 Yesterday, I watched two baby cousins squeal with delight as they saw each other for the first time in months. I smelled peanut butter breath exit lips curled in a smile, and felt strong hugs from growing muscles. I tasted diverse chocolate dishes until I longed for a salad. Ever had those days? Yes, I'm grateful for the five senses, and that last one, the inner sense that reveals the unspoken need, or unexpressed concern. These blessed tools in our arsenal of humanity, the conduits through which we experience our world and soak in its wonders, also help us record these moments for days when distance and health reduce us to memories alone for a time. And so, for these six senses, I am so very grateful.
   Laurie Lewis--Maryland 


So let's remember through out the whole year to be thankful for all that we have and our lives on earth......

No comments: