Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blessings of Family Life











This past weekend was glorious. Eight of my nine children were close by and we were able to visit for a while---swim together, eat and play games. It was really fun. My oldest was celebrating her 7th anniversary with her husband so there was a reason she could not make it.

It is great to visit with each other and really get to know one another as adults and just have fun. One of my New Jersey friends, Lani said it best:

We never know what we will become as adults and where we will go. It is a joy to have known some of you for just a moment in our youth and allow us to share your journeys as we reconnect in our mature years. I delight in your amazing, talented and productive lives. Family is forever and beauty is all around when love abides at home! I couldn't have said it better myself.
The cycle is starting all over again with children choosing spouses and having children. It is amazing.

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

Family is what it's all about. I'm glad you had this time with them.